Plex is a media streaming company that gives people instant access to their media collections – home videos, photos, music, TV shows, and movies – so they can quickly find and stream them to any device.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
What sets us apart:
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing you the opportunity to build and contribute to the technologies you’re most interested in, as well as move across projects to learn new skills.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in more than 15 countries and 11 time zones. While we are passionate about our work and all work hard, we provide flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers through forums to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We ship cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for software engineers who are ready to push their limits and have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success.
Who You Are:
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You’re self motivated and able to work well in a distributed office.
- You’re a software engineer with experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
- You love building APIs and backend services with tools like Node.js, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB.
Tags: #Jobs@Plex #StartupJobsAnywhere #SoftwareEngineeringJobsinstartup #RemotejobsinYostartups
Established in: 2009
Country Where Job Is Located: Anywhere