Plex is a media streaming company that gives people instant access to their media collections – home videos, photos, music, TV shows, and movies – so they can quickly find and stream them to any device.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
What sets us apart:
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing an opportunity to work across platforms and teams to push Plex forward.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in more than 15 countries and 11 time zones.
- We are passionate about our work and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers through forums to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We ship cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for people who are ready to push their limits and have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success.
About the role:
Plex is seeking a passionate Copywriter to inspire creativity and work closely with our team in the development of our marketing materials and continued growth of the Plex brand. Partnering with the design team, the Copywriter is responsible for the development of concepts for campaigns, execution of those campaigns as well as Plex’s owned marketing channels like our website, social media channels, newsletters, blogs, and a variety of other marketing programs.
- As a member of the creative team, you will drive the development of marketing materials and help refine the Plex brand voice
- Rapid development and iteration of compelling copy for Plex’s website, social media, emails, newsletters, blogs, ads, product descriptions, partner pages, and more
- Help to synthesize the Plex story and identify compelling, digestible ways to tell it
- Manage the development of concepts and present to stakeholders in a virtual environment
- Manage multiple programs with varying timelines
Who You Are:
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You have great communication skills & creative copywriting experience.
- You’re self motivated and able to work well in a distributed office.
- You have experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of creative copywriting experience
- Great communication skills
- Extensive understanding of mobile, responsive and product design
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills for all audiences
Tags: #Jobs@Plex #StartupJobsAnywhere #Copywriter/EditorJobsinstartup #RemotejobsinYostartups
Established in: 2009
Country Where Job Is Located: Anywhere