Plex develops and markets proprietary software that enables consumers to organize, manage and share their personal media wherever it is kept so they can enjoy it anytime and anywhere. We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices.
We are looking for a skilled accounting professional with a strong work ethic to support our corporate Finance team from our office in Stans (Nidwalden). Reporting directly to the CFO you will join a team of talented people around the world who are excited about our mission and can add to our one-of-a-kind culture.
About the Role:
- You will work hands-on to assist with all accounting month-end close activities for Plex and its US parent
- Own and manage A/P and A/R processes
- Compile, analyze, record and report sales data from all revenue sources
- Accurately record all operating transactions and perform reconciliations and variance analysis of revenue, cost and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare or assist in preparing consolidated financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Develop and make recommendations for continual improvement to Plex accounting processes
- Support annual Swiss statutory and US financial statement audits by external auditors
- Support periodic regulatory filings in both Switzerland and the United States including federal/state income tax returns, property tax returns, sales and use tax returns, and VAT returns
- Continually strive to improve job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- University degree in Accounting and 3 – 5+ years of related work experience and working knowledge of US GAAP
- Fluent in English and German with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to write array formulas, macros, and create pivot tables in order to perform statistical analyses of the company’s financial performance
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction
- The energy, warmth, helpfulness, and intelligence to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- The self-motivation required to work well in a distributed office
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software
Plex offers you a great place to work by giving you the opportunity to grow and be recognized for your efforts and achievements.
Tags: #Jobs@Plex #StartupJobsAnywhere #FinanceJobsinstartup #RemotejobsinYostartups
Established in: 2009
Country Where Job Is Located: Anywhere